Gamble's Theorem - TheoryMine.co.uk
I discovered a blog post while in research mode for Number 94 that listed a few interesting things you could get named after yourself for a varying degree of cost
- A Rose - Your own personalised variety of bloom from World of Roses, coming in at around $1500.
- A New Species - A long and expensive process, but it's getting a new species named after you from Discover Life in America, costing anywhere from $2500-$10,000.
- A New Spider Species - Now I could no longer find the details of this, which means it may be off the table, but apparently at one stage the Queensland Museum was offering this for a price tag of $5125.
- A Star - I talked about this just before, but they have no ties to the IAU (International Astronomical Union), read more here.
- and lastly, a Mathematical Theorem - which was the way I ended up going due to the interesting nature and the great value price tag, $24.
So What it meant I have no idea haha, although they did send me a instructional on what it meant and how it works but I'm still struggling to translate some of the components in relation to the outline: Induction and Rippling.
But apart from that, I framed the certificate and ordered the mug with the theorem printed on it and popped them up on my office desk.
|Mark 94 as done.|